The first quilt was for my first niece. I started it before she was born, therefore before we knew she was indeed a she. It's a bad picture, please forgive me. It matches her room :)

My second quilt was this Christmas tree skirt in a Hawaiian pattern - ulu (breadfruit). I have some vague recollection about ulu being something you're supposed to start with. But goodness, this one took me forever. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention I do all of my sewing BY HAND??
The new quilt is for my second niece. A boy at school had a quilt in roughly this pattern for his naptime blanket. This is my interpretation of it. It ended up being more "square" than I thought it would end up... but I still like it. Plus, it's not really girly (aka using pinks and purples...) but I hope that's ok with her.
Close-up of the pattern on the "front"
Surprise! I thought it would be fun to make a mini-version of her quilt for her dolls or bears or whatever. They're slightly different (aka the red parts are different fabric) and the big one has yellow binding where I took the backing and folded it for the binding on the small one.
The backing of both quilts is this cute ladybug pattern. It may not be pinks and purples, but it's still cute! I hope you like them Mari!!! Happy Birthday!
HWotD:
kuiki - quilt, to quilt
"koo-ee-key"
No comments:
Post a Comment