Thursday, April 24, 2008

from the mouth of babes...

teacher: How was your snack?
student: It disappeared!
teacher: Where did it go?
student a. In my tummy
student b. It went to eat a flower

teacher: What does that say? (about a sign on the treehouse on the playground)
student: It doesn't have a nail.
teacher: What does it say, though?
student: I don't know. I can't spell.

She burped a beaver on my gankey.
(Translation: His sister had a fever and "threw up a little" on his blanket. Get it?)

I have a boo-boo. The only person who can make it better is Neosporin. It's the official medicine of boo-boos.

It smells like bathing suits outside.

Oh. My. Gosh. (think Janice from Friends) The tablecloths are pink.

Miss Julie, if you come to my house I'm going to lock my doors and windows. You can't come in. (Apparently a threat. I had given her a time out for doing something blatantly wrong.)


HWotD:
uliuli - dark color such as deep blue of the sea, deep green of vegetation, dark grey of clouds (sometimes has bad connotation because associated with darkness)
"ooh-lee-ooh-lee"

polū - blue, not blue of sea or sky, but of clothes or European-introduced objects
"poh-loooh"

1 comment:

E Caley Ferguson said...

HA HA!

The official medicine of boo-boos?!?

It smells like bathing suits?!?


I just laughed obnoxiously loudly in Coffee D. Funny, funny, funny.