Monday, April 21, 2008

Hurry up and wait

I am pretty sure that's the military's unofficial motto.

In our case, we're waiting on what we're going to do this summer. As in less than 4 weeks from now. Most business school students that are finishing their first year (like my beloved dh) are heading off in the next few weeks to exciting places to do internships with fabulous companies. My dh knows he's not allowed to do that. He's just waiting to see if/where the Coast Guard wants him. Ideally, he'd be out West working on finance projects. They want him there. He asked his detailer to go there (a detailer is the person who tells us where we're going to go). The detailer hasn't gotten back to him yet. I'm all about being flexible. I like a little bit of mystery. I like adventure. But with us planning* to leave the country in August, I kind of feel like that is more than enough unknown for me.

*Oh yeah, and conveniently, the type of visa that we need can't be applied for until 124 days from the start of school. And fyi, it's not that time yet. It's really quite annoying - as we can't even work further on our visa application until 124 days from the start of school. And we need the visa before we can go on to other things. Grrrrr.

I guess now is the part where I learn patience.


HWotD:
'ano'ano - seeds
"ah-no-ah-no"

1 comment:

Katie said...

So many hoops and loops and whirls. Hang in there.