Friday, April 18, 2008

More gems overheard at preschool this week

Prayers:

- Dear God, thank you for all the people in the city. Thank you for all of the people in their cars going to the city.
- Dear God, thank you for Transformers. Thank you for Roboquad. Thank you for Robosapien, and for all of my other WowWees. Thank you for our food. Thank you for chickens. Thank you for cows. (a carnivorous, robot-loving 3-year old).


Close, but no cigar:

- Look at that porcupine over there. Don't touch it! (about a pinecone)
- I have a half sand dollar, isn't it cool? (about a half dollar, Kennedy-style)
- Who is that man, him with the candy cane? (about a father who had knee surgery and needs a cane to walk. Wouldn't it be cool though if he did have a candy cane instead of metal one??)


Joke:

A cat is going to drive in someone's car. And he's going to jump everywhere in the car and drive with his long hands.

Miscellaneous:

- I can't wake up now. I need to stretch and scratch. (3 year old boy. It starts that early.)
- I can't get in line. I'm making a friend. And it's Jenny.
- I found gold. (student)
Cool! What are you going to make with it? (me)
Make? It's going to make out of a treasure!


HWotD:
hōkū - star
"ho-kooh"

1 comment:

Beth said...

I just love hearing about your days at the preschool. But it still hurts to laugh! (see my site).