Thursday, April 3, 2008

I think I'll be washing my hair that day.

There's a girl in my preschool class that is just too cute. She got her hair cut and said, "it's sweet and sassy." Yes, dear, it is. She's three going on twenty three.

So I came into class the other day and she had a picture she drew for me. She handed it to me and put one hand on her hip and flicked her other wrist to make a limp hand as she said, "This is for you. Hang it on your 'frigderador door." I don't have any family in New York, but I imagine she does.

I thanked her for such a beautiful picture and promised her that I would indeed "hang it on my 'frigderador door." I told her that "someday you'll have to come to my house and see it."

She replied, "Oh, someday. I can't do that. I'm going to Jenny's house for a sleepover that day."

Yeah. Come to think of it, someday doesn't work for me either.


HWotD:
'oia - really, that's so, that's right
"oy-ya"

For a person who constantly says, "for real?!?" in English, this is the perfect Hawaiian word. Now I just have to figure out how to say "get out!"

No comments: