Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thank heaven it's Thursday.

So, today at school I got two compliments. Z sat on my lap and said that I smell nice. Thanks, Z. That, and a few boys today told me they like my Uggs. Yeah, the ones I talked about a month or so ago. And they liked them. One of them rubbed them for a while, I'm wondering if he was expecting a genie to pop out. Instead, he got me. And I didn't pop out of anything. But he did say that my boots were really soft. I think that's a compliment, right?


Question - anyone seen any good movies lately? I'm talking more the rentable/Netflixable kind. I saw Riding Giants and really liked it.


Here's what we had for dinner tonight - Rebekah's Fettuccine Alfredo. I'm not sure where she got it. It's not exactly good for you, but it's delicious!

REBEKAH'S FETTUCCINE ALFREDO

SERVES 2 - DH and I are stuffed.


- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter

- 1 cup heavy cream I used half and half in attempts to make it "healthier"

- 2 eggs, beaten


- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated parmesan cheese We like just a little less

- 2 teaspoons minced garlic : You may like more or less I always love more garlic than most!

- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley We only have dried, but it's still good!

- 8 ounces fettuccini, cooked al dente and drained

Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the cream. Whisk the eggs and cheese in a bowl. Stir into the cream mixture gradually. Add the garlic and parsley. Cook until thickened bringing to a slight boil and then reduce heat to low, stirring constantly. Serve over the hot pasta. :) Enjoy!


1 comment:

E Caley Ferguson said...

Movie Recommendations (though not new ones per se):
- The Lives of Others
- Water
- Sophie Scholl
- Joyeux Noel (Christmas movie)
- The TV Set


The first three are rather heavy (also subtitled), thinking movies. The last is a lovely (not subtitled) satire. Should keep you busy awhile.