Our "big news" is starting to pan out! Dh found out about a study abroad program through his MBA program and has pursued it. We have permission from dh's bosses to go (the most major obstacle, in our opinion), and are trying to work out the details and see if we can make it work... if it all works out, we could be spending fall semester 2008 (Aug to Dec) in Australia!!! We're super-excited because dh has family there and we would get to spend time with them (at the expense of seeing our immediate families :( Sad day!)

Silly me. I quite possibly might be the only female in the world who heard that we have a chance of going to Australia and I start doing math to figure out if we could have a baby there. Who does that? Who says, hey, I'm going to be 9784 miles away (give or take a few miles) from my hometown/most of my family, so why don't my dh and I bring a child into the world? Oh, that'd be me. No word if we really will, though. It's not just up to me. Also, after consultation from my mother, she says we should consider more than citizenship when deciding to have children. Perhaps she has a point.
4 comments:
AUSTRALIA!!!! I miss that place.
whoa... babies, huh? i'm thinking that discussion (hypothetical as it may be) is as big as the australia one!
hey, they can always visit! I think that having a baby when your dh is guaranteed to be home is preferable. Besides, life has a way of not turning out as you had planned anyway, so I say if you're thinking about starting your family, let the adventure begin! And an Australian birth certificate, how cool is that?!
Hooray for your adventure and for babies! I think it's perfectly reasonable to be considering the legalities of it!
Post a Comment