Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What does it take to become staff?

To all of you who live in Michigan or the Chicago area, enjoy a paczki for me!! I'll be enjoying my own :) In case you need proof I actually made paczkis, here are a few pictures.

I haven't really deep-fried much in my life. And as my friend Jen Ponder says, "Everyone has to deep-fry something in their life. Now is your time". Well, Sunday was my time. Look at those beauties bobbing around in the liquid heart-attack.


See, I forgot the powdered sugar. They were still good anyway.


I am also dealing with some remorse that I am not voting today. Here it is, "Super Tuesday" and I am making it mediocre, average Tuesday. I, the one-time political science professor, am not voting. Bad example.

Also, I, in Nehemiah 2 fashion, presented my boss with a list of dates I wanted off from work. And like the true Artaxerxes she is, (just kidding), she granted them all to me without blinking an eye. I thought "hey, I'm a valuable employee, perhaps she will beg me to stay, to not take time off." But no. Have fun. Later gator. I think my first indicator should have been the fact she told me about the staff meeting and told me "You can come if you want". Apparently working there 4 days a week doing all of the yucky jobs no one else wants to do still doesn't qualify me as a mandatory staff-meeting-attender. After all, only staff are allowed. No, I'm not bitter.

Anyway, this does help me want to do exceptionally well for my interview that I have tomorrow. Even if the interview doesn't go well, this week I get to take Sabbatical and work at a flower shop for the next week or so.

No comments: