Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Waterboarding ???

This weekend we had a discussion about waterboarding. If you don't know what it is, here's the wikipedia entry on it.

The questions were:
1. Is it torture?
2. Is it acceptable, if a doctor is present and there is no "real threat" to a person's safety?
3. Is it too harsh?

Supposedly the three terrorists who the US have used it on have given up critical information within 30 seconds and then returned to their cells.

Anyone have views on it, before I express my own???

2 comments:

E Caley Ferguson said...

I think waterboarding is a serious violation of human rights. Absolutely torture. I think it's deplorable, no matter what info it can extract.

Anonymous said...

Todd and I had a similar discussion while he lay Lilla on her back and tried to feed her a bottle that looked like it was being precariously pointed to her nose. Fortunately I managed to point out to Todd what was about to happen before Lilla 'fessed up to leaking her diaper on the bedspread.