I told you a little about one of the orders I took for Valentine's Day flowers at my flower shop job. I'm going to elaborate a little more.
Me: How can I help you?
Him: I'd like to order Valentines Day flowers.
Me: You've called the right place. Who are we sending these to?
Him: Amy.
Me: What is Amy's last name?
Him: I'm not sure.
Me: That's ok (warning flag number one goes up). What is her phone number?
Him: It's her work number, is that ok?
Me: Sure. (envisioning an office crush on the girl across the hall or in the office one floor up - something Jim and Pam style.)
Him: Ok, it's 555-1212.
Me: And to what address should we send the flowers?
He gave me the address. Then I realized what it was. My friends live on the same street. There's a Melting Pot, and then there's an establishment often frequented by men "for the wings." Turns out she's a waitress there.
I tried to talk him out of sending a dozen red roses... to no avail.
Do I even need to write a moral for this story? What would you say the moral of the story could be?? Write your own!
1 comment:
Moral of the story: don't be creepy.
Post a Comment