Wednesday, February 27, 2008

You can take the girl out of Michigan...

I haven't lived in Michigan for the past decade or so. Even after a year in Hawai'i, I have largely regained the ability to withstand cold weather and all that accompanies it.

Last night, after the Vandy/UT game (which Vandy won!!!!!!!!!! It was a very exciting game!) we came home in snow and on ice. This morning, I woke up and most of the snow had melted, and there were light flurries in the air. I got ready for work, bundled up, and walked to the preschool. Upon entering the grounds, I noticed none of the teachers' cars were there. Like an idiot, I walked to the door and not a single child was present. Silly me, I hadn't even thought that conditions would warrant a snow day. Apparently they did. But, hey, I can't complain. It gave me an entire day home with dh and we got to clean the house a bit.

1 comment:

Katie said...

That's really funny! The whole town shuts down, hey? Perhaps they don't have any plows or salt trucks. What a tragedy!