Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's Only Thursday?

Quotes from today at school:

him - "Um, excuse me."
(For the past few months, this has been followed by "What's your name?" so I was dreading what would come next.)
me - "Yes, Zach?"
him - "I like your shoes."
Wow. That's the second shoe comment from male 4-year old students I've received this week. Perhaps they've now integrated fashion into the curriculum?


Nick - "It's tomato soup. I built it yesterday."



me - "Here Claire, have some pancakes. You'll need a fork and knife."
[handing her imaginary plate of food as well as fork and knife]
(After receiving my imaginary food from Nick's restaurant - This was the third time I was ordering, so I tried to get another student in on it.)
Claire - I'm not allowed to use knives. They could hurt me.
me - [take back imaginary knife]
She's so honest, she won't even use an imaginary knife.

me - "Can I have a salad?" (pretending to order at Nick's restaurant, round 4)
him - "Sure."
me - "Could I have dressing on it too, please? What kinds do you have?"
him - "Well, we have syrup left over from the pancakes." (round 3)
Great, that'll sure keep the imaginary calories down.



HWotD:
māluhiluhi - tired, weary, worn out
"maah-loo-hee-loo-hee"

Māluhiluhi 'au. I am tired.

No comments: