This winter stuff is getting old. I know, I know, I grew up in Michigan and should be used to the cold and yuckiness for months on end. To the contrary, I argue. I grew up with it. I have tried it and discovered that I do not like it. I'm living in the south, in a completely landlocked state, which although "warmer", is more depressing because there's no hope of a beach to be found. We've been here for a whopping 6 months and already I'm itching to leave. That's where Spring Break comes in.
DH looked into his schedule and discovered he has nearly two weeks for Spring Break. Two weeks? Who could have dreamt it? The rub? We're graduate students. Graduate students = poor as church mice from having to buy books every 8 weeks. We have friends who live in Dublin and London that we'd love to see. We would love to venture down to Costa Rica and catch some waves. I want to go back to Hawaii, duh (to live, but I'd be content just to visit). It'd be fun to go somewhere exotic or warm - and we have the time!! Why why why???
ps - the duct tape is really working! It definitely was the right option!
2 comments:
Julie-uli-uli,
Apologies for cluttering your blog with comments and deleted comments. Pretty rude for an anonymous visitor. Can I use the excuse that I'm new to blogging?Is four months new to blogging?
Why is it so difficult to have both money and spare time at once? Tragic.
Julie-uli-uli, of course we are still soulmates.
I've been to that Starbucks a few times. And I actually remember someone being really nice to me there once, too. Maybe it was you!
I thought of you when I saw this: Hawaii on a dime
Post a Comment