Tuesday, June 10, 2008

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Apparently to boys of a 4-year-old age, my boo-boo is the coolest thing since sliced bread. I've now joined a "band of brothers" who get together and discuss "wounds." It cracks me up - sometimes I can barely see their ouchie, other times I wonder how they survived. One of the boys asks me at least twice a day how my leg is, and actually asks to see it. I'm officially cool in ways I never thought possible, well, at least to the 4 year old boys at my school.

A girl today at lunch wanted more milk. Normally kids just yell across the room, "Miss Julie (yes, I really am Mrs. Julie, but despite my best efforts to correct them, they still call me Miss.) Miss Julie, I need some milk." We try to get them to say, "Please may I have..." or something similar, usually with little success. Today, a new girl wanted milk. She raised her hand politely and asked me for some milk please. I picked up her glass to start pouring, and she immediately said thank-you. I complimented her on her manners, saying, "Sofia, you have good manners." To which she politely sighed, "I do."

1 comment:

Tigerlilly said...

Lol, that is TOO cute!