Sunday, June 22, 2008

Muir Woods

Dh loves to hike. I find it a really good way to explore wherever we are... and we happened to be in Muir Woods! We went with M. M is A's wife, and A happens to be one of dh's best friends.

(Funny story, after graduating from The Academy, A and DH got to write "dream sheets" of the top 5-10 where they would like to be stationed, and then the bottom two places - where they would NOT like to be stationed. DH and A both put "Alaska" and "Michigan" as their bottom two. And just as it worked out, DH and A are both now happily married to girls from where else? Western Michigan!)

Anyway, M & A live out in California and played our tour guides - for the week that I was there, and the 5 weeks dh was there without me. Thanks a ton, guys!

Some of the trees were 6 feet in diameter!


Tall redwoods!

Dh and I (He was being a gentleman and letting me borrow his sweater)




Our fabulous tour guide, M
with one of the cutest babies ever :)


Dh and I inside a tree trunk!

No comments: