At school, the kids are completely fascinated with my booboo. Some kids were just noticing it on Wednesday and Thursday, so the inquiries lasted all week long (today I have off because we have a hula show). One girl came up to me and asked me what happened to my leg. I said I got hurt. She asked me how I did it. I asked her what she thought happened. She asked, "Did you trip over an elephant?" Yup. Watch out for elephants. You might trip over them and skin your knee.
We have outdoor playtime on our playground at school every day if possible. The kids play on the slide, in the tree house, in the sandbox, and in the little pea-sized rocks. One of the older girls really likes to play with my hair, which I allow some days. She gave me a few side ponytails, turned too look at her creation from the front, and exclaimed, "Miss Julie, you look like an elephant!" Great. Just what a girl wants to hear.
No comments:
Post a Comment