R2D2 is a silly droid and I like him... C3PO said no more adventures, but R2D2 didn't listen.
She got water on me. I'm all dripped.
Do you know what city my dad lives in? He lives at in town.
This is a special kind of macaroni and cheese. It's homemade.
me - We don't play guns at school.
him - This isn't a gun. This is a chainsaw.
(I then had to proceed to tell him at school we don't play anything that TSA would not approve to carry on a plane.)
me - What do you have in your hand?
him 2 - A toy boat.
me - What are you using it for?
him 2 - As a gun. But I just finished having it be a gun.
me - That's what I thought.
me - I can't come up into the treehouse today. I have a skirt on.
him - YES! YOU! ARE! (punctuated by punching his fist in the air with each word)
These kids model in play what they see in their daily lives and it makes me laugh. We have the play cars for them, and what do they do? They pull up to a post in the fence and order cheeseburgers, fries, and Cokes.
David was playing in the "home center" - the place where they have the kid-sized refrigerator, stove, table, dress up clothes, etc. Apparently it was his turn to make dinner. What did he do? He called on the pretend telephone to order pizza. He ordered his pizza then turned to look at his friends and proceeded to ask each of them what they wanted to drink, parroting it back into the phone so each friend would get what they ordered. Ha!
1 comment:
These posts always crack me up!
Post a Comment