For those of you who don't know, I've taken a week off from the preschool and am working at a flower shop for about a week leading up to Valentine's Day. Working at a flower shop has been therapeutic. There's just something about flowers that are very happy. I'm not doing floral design, but instead taking orders, cleaning, and processing flowers.
So, I took a lot of orders. They kind of range from normal to pitiful. Guys - have an idea of what you want to get before you order. If you don't know, it's ok to ask. But please, have your message in mind when you call a florist. There's only so much we can help with... writing your personal note is something YOU should do. Not the friendly helper on the phone.
Another note, if you don't know a girl's last name, you probably shouldn't be buying her flowers. It makes me fee very sad that you are that lonely.
I've been taking Hawaiian classes online and today I got a Hawaiian words magnet set in the mail along with a cool picture dictionary. It made my day.
Also - I forgot what it was like to have dh gone for a while. He went to California this weekend to see his brother, and so I was alone Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It was lonely! I used to survive pretty well a week or two when dh was underway (out on the ship) and not bat an eye. But I could barely survive 3 days this time! What kind of weak military wife am I? On the other hand, the ship experience was good for teaching me how to go out to eat alone. I no longer feel awkward when dining by myself, which I did this weekend. But he's home now, and I'm happy!
2 comments:
It's so true that you do get out of practice in the art of being alone. But I bow to your ability to eat out by yourself! I have never been able to do that, even after all these years. I am the take-out queen!
I am good for about two days having dh gone...after that, I start going a little stir-crazy and miss him!
Post a Comment