Friday, August 8, 2008

Olympics!

DH and I, despite our best efforts, could not stay awake for the opening ceremonies last night, which started around 9. And as a result, we woke up around 4am. Stink. We really need to get over this jetlag quickly!

We are watching the Olympics here. It's cool because Aussies are pretty into supporting their country. On the other hand, it is kind of strange to not have the media so slanted toward American athletes and the sports where Americans do well. Dang, our media makes it pretty easy to follow our teams and athletes.

It's pretty cold. Not Michigan-style cold, but without Michigan-style heaters, it is just plain cold. Especially at night. While I was taking a shower this morning, my nose got cold! Dh thinks I just wanted to come to Oz because I knew I could get him to cuddle with me for 5 months... perhaps it's true :)

DH and his cousins went for a surf this morning at a gorgeous national park. I went along and took some pictures. I always use it as an excuse to plug my request for a new camera lens ;)

This afternoon, the guys are going golfing and the girls are going to see Mamma Mia - I'm pretty excited!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm glad you guys made it okay. I look forward to hearing about all of your adventures. I'd love to visit Australia sometime. I'm guessing it won't be for a while, though. Ummm....remind me why you're there again? Can't wait to see pics! I'll have to live through you till I can get there myself. :0)

Beth McC. said...

I am glad you are there! Keep everyone posted! I miss you at the ole' CCC