So, this week has been a big week in American politics. And Australia has been covering it pretty well. But why does that make me a bad American? Um... I'm registered to vote. Kind of.
Yeah, the former poly-sci professor doesn't have an updated voter registration. You see, I was registered and did vote in Hawaii, but I haven't gotten a new driver's license since I moved to the South. It's not fair that dh can keep residency where ever he wants, and I have to change every 6 months when the military moves him/us. So, whatever. I still have my Hawaii drivers license. Plus, it was a great picture.
The state of Hawaii sent me a nifty little notification thing when we were at dh's family's house in FL that my address wasn't up to date. So now what do I do? I wasn't going back to the state in the South for another 6 months. I don't really live in Florida (and who knows if my vote would have counted - hanging chads and all...). And I don't live in Hawaii. So... I did nothing. And now I'm not registered to vote. In one of the greatest elections of my voting career thus far.
Any suggestions, anyone??
1 comment:
hm, Julie, that is a predicament...can you contact the American Embassy and ask their advice?
also, I have a great friend that lives in Melbourne; she has three kids and she's lots of fun. would you like me to connect you?
Post a Comment