Thursday, August 28, 2008

Friday Musings

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that when we went on our Great Ocean Road trip, not only did we see kangaroos, um... we ate them too. Not the one off the side of the road, but at the uber-cute country pub in Lavers Hill, we ate a kangaroo fillet. And here, fillet is not pronounced the french way, but instead prounounced "fill - it". That, I believe, is reason enough to eat fillets, make that fillits, all the time. So I had the kangaroo fillit and dh had the fish fillit.

Also cool about the Great Ocean Road is that dh's grandmother and grandfather went touring there on their honeymoon...

DH and I have found a place to live for the month of September! So, we've been housesitting since we got to Melbourne, and in October, we'll hopefully move into Lou & Reub's place. This place that we found for September is pretty cool. I'm excited about it. The only bad part about it is that it costs an arm and a leg. But for a month or so, it's doable!

DH started school yesterday - he has a short, intensive course before the real term starts. He said everyone here uses different terms and that his group has no idea what he does... poor dh.

Well, the kid next to me at the internet is listening to Lil Mama's Lip Gloss on his ipod at volumes that could break glass. I think I'll go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We call them "fill-its" too! And yet we're right stinking next door to France! Todd couldn't believe I had a major in French and yet pronounced it "fill-it." However now I think of it, we say "fillet mignon" correctly.. huh?