1/2 lb Linguine
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 Tbsp basil, chopped/chiffonade
3/4 cup Pecorino Romano, finely grated
Salt, to taste
Cook pasta 6-8 minutes, or until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water before draining.
Toss hot pasta in a large bowl with butter, pepper, tomatoes, basil, and cheese. Add 1/4 cup pasta water and toss to moisten. Add additional water if necessary. Salt to taste and serve immediately.
Yields: 3 servings (entree)
Source: Heavily revised from Everyday Pasta, 2007
Julie's notes:
- I used pre-grated Parmesan (the kind in a green "can") once in a pinch, and it worked ok, not great.
- I like to let the pasta cool just a little before adding the cheese. I found I got lumpy, stringy, melted cheese otherwise. I like sprinkling it on just before serving.
1 comment:
Sounds good! I actually have half a block of Pecorino Romano in the fridge that I need to do something with.
And welcome back :) We'll have to get together soon and hear all about your travels.
Post a Comment