Sunday, January 25, 2009

The currency results...

At the time of the original posting, these are the exchanges...

57 Reais = 24.61 USD
220 Mexican = 15.96 USD
5 Pounds = 7.41 USD
25 Canadian = 20.55 USD
100 Costa Rican = .18 USD
10 Turkish New Lira = 6.25 USD
5 New Zealand Dollars = 2.81 USD
50 Euros = 66.78 USD

For a total of $144.55 USD
*note, I rounded to my own discretion. Deal with it.

So here's the tough part - Swiss Miss guessed $140. Ricardo guessed $146.70. I never specified if it was closest or closest without going over. Beth, good try with $120.

And being the "nearly everybody wins" as associated with my maternal heritage, Swiss Miss and Ricardo get a prize. I just have to figure out what it is, and how to get it to Swiss Miss. Swiss, anything you miss from the great US of A?

1 comment:

Swiss Ms. said...

oh oh! I never win guessing games! It is actually really surprising to me because I don't remember thinking anything you listed there was under a dollar. I must have been very off on something else, too. (By the way, can you believe that pound?!)

In any case, it's time we exchanged some info. It's not right not to have your soulmate's contact information....

Let's see how much spam I get here. My address is
j-map /at/ lycos.com