Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Would you go in a park? Would you go in a pub?

To church that is...

I tend to like non-denominational churches. I've been to churches that have met in parks, in restaurants, in schools, in movie theaters, in an Elks building, and most recently - in a brewhouse! I think the hardest thing about moving so often is trying to find and connect with a good body of believers.

Last week, we were unsure of where we would go to church, but then I saw a sign on the way back from a "Melbourne Day" event. It advertised church in the James Squire Bar and Restaurant. I convinced dh we should go, and we did. We enjoyed it! The people were friendly and helpful, even though we were a bit late. For only being here 4 more months, this church is perfect!

Check out more at Docklands Church.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm glad you guys found a church you like - cool. And especially cool that it is in a pub!!

Oh, sorry about the abrupt end to our phone call the other day. Mari said "bye" and then pressed the off button. Crazy girl!!

Love ya!