Monday, September 28, 2009

Today's Deep Thoughts...

  • No matter how few groceries you're going to buy, take all possible reusable grocery bags into the store. Somehow, the baggers at the commissary can stretch 4 items into 3 reusable bags and then "double bag" one bottle of dish soap into 1 paper bag and 2 plastic bags...
  • I am wearing a shirt that Shad really likes tonight in hopes that he'll be so distracted that he will not notice I haven't cleaned much of the house today. I'm not too hopeful that it'll work, but hey, it's worth a shot, right?
  • I got really scared today because I got a letter from the DOD. Thankfully, it's not about my lack of base etiquette, or crankiness at the commissary due to their lack of canned pumpkin puree (they say it'll be in by the end of this week - FYI), or frustration with the gate guards regarding our car registration, or my "happening to not mention that I had already had an early ultrasound at my civilian provider" when first appearing at the MTF (Military Treatment Facility - aka doctor's office/hospital). Instead, shock of all shocks, it's actually a survey asking about my satisfaction with a visit to a MTF for a referral. I'll be happy to fill out the survey. It was one of the better experiences I have ever had - everyone there was very helpful and great. Yay! Who knew they actually cared?
  • I got to go to a Welcome Tea yesterday for a Spouses' Club that I have just joined. I got to meet a lot of other wives and it was really nice to be around and mingle with other wives who have been through the same things.

No comments: