Ok, so you all know by now that I'm kind of a dork when it comes to the Coast Guard. Reference me getting my picture taken with ADM Allen at my graduate school graduation.
You now have more fuel for your fire -
When CO and I were counting down until our wedding, I would try to make big numbers a little more relevant by comparing them to lengths of Coast Guard cutters (hey, doesn't EVERYONE do that?). We started off with the Eagle (the CG's training barque - that CO was on while at the Academy), and moved down from there...
We got really excited when it got down to 110 (he was on a 110-foot ship at the time), and then 87, and 82...
It would have been cool had we been counting down the same way for the baby's due date. But alas, pregnancy brain has taken full control over my faculties and we have not been counting this way. But today is the day! Today is 87 days - and 87 feet equal the size of Marine Protector Class Coastal Patrol Boat (I don't know why it's called a boat when it's technically a ship). And CO used to be on one of those, the HALIBUT... Yay!
I also have one more chance at playing this game. In 5 days, we'll be down to 82' ships. And we'll celebrate POINT BRIDGE Day! (82s are now decommissioned so don't try to look them up as being active.)
1 comment:
How to tell if your a dork 101...love you! really - Thad Allen? You? Never would have guessed he would tell you to take a deep breath...=)
Post a Comment