I have a lot of fun at school asking the kids questions just to see what responses I'll get.
Most days, they're simple questions.
Question one - What do you want to be when you grow up?
x- a construction worker
j - a professional football, baseball, and basketball player (yes, all three)
a - a princess
But Rachel turned the question to me. She asked, "Miss Julie, what are you going to be when you grow up?"
I replied, "A teacher." (gee, one of my students doesn't think I'm grown up.)
She said, "no you're not. You're going to be a doctor."
Where was she 10 years ago when I was trying to figure out a major?
Question two:
Another teacher asked our kids who God is. They immediately pointed to the ceiling. Everyone knows God is up there. She then asked who Jesus is.
N said, "Jesus is like a little fairy. He has a little hat on him."
W said, "And Jesus is watching if you take a good nap." (coming from someone who has a bad history of taking naps)
Z said she has a picture of Jesus at her house and said, "Jesus has a long beard and a pointy hat."
Apparently Jesus is a lot like Santa Claus and an elf?? We have our work cut out for us.
HWotD:
mai'a - banana
"my-ee-ah"
1 comment:
I agree with Z. Obviously Jesus is Dumbledoor.
Post a Comment