Today CO went back to work. I was seriously dreading this day, as my mom went back home on Saturday and last week there was a delightful ratio of 3 adults : 1 newborn. Today marks the first day of a 1 : 1 ratio. That 1 adult being me. And so far, it hasn't been bad. I've not been as productive as I would have dreamt, but it hasn't been as bad as my nightmares. I made Jello this morning, and ate breakfast.
The only problem I'm having is that baby girl likes to be held and is refusing to sleep in her cradle now...
And that whole "sleep while the baby sleeps" is totally cool at night, but really, am I expected to be able to nap at 1pm?
4 comments:
YES! Take the 1pm nap! Hang in there Julie! And congratulations too! She is so beautiful!
If you can, I say nap whenever. Then again, I have been known to practically sleep standing up. And do you have a sling? I loved mine. The dutchkid was one of those babies who loved to be held, too, and the sling saved my sanity some days.
yes, yes, you are. :)
I hear you! I cant nap on cue either! Lou x
Post a Comment