Saturday, January 16, 2010

Entering the Twilight Zone...

There's a magical hour that I never knew existed. And it's going to be my magical hour for the next several years. I once thought that restaurants were closed before 5. I know now I was mistaken. Early bird specials aren't just for seniors - they're for families with small children.

No joke, we went to dinner at 4:30 tonight, and the place was packed with the under-5, or perhaps the under-10 crowd and their families. And there were some grandparents taking out the grandkids, so it was perfect for both generations...

We were in and out before the young trendy people even started getting ready for their nights out. It's a total win-win(-win) situation. Families get to go out for dinner (yay for going out), kids can be put to bed at their normal bedtimes, upscale patrons aren't disturbed by little people, restaurants get business for more hours (though possibly with more mess, which could mean more tip!). Everyone gets something good out of the early family dinner time.

I had not realized this enchanting hour existed... Oh baby, life with a child is not the same. Little by little, I'm learning exactly how much my world has changed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi!
you're doing so well to get out for dinner already! I haven't ventured that far yet as he is only sleeping for an hour at the most at the moment!! well done! Lou x

(A Little) Gris Gris said...

HA! We had dinner at 4:30 tonight, because I was desperate to eat out. Good times!

ABW said...

That's our favorite time to go out to eat!