After saving up my hard-earned money, I bought a new digital SLR! I had been wanting one for a while (aka over a year) and we saved up enough to buy one. Now I just have to figure out how to use it! I'm really excited about the possibilities though - SLR's offer so many options!
But I have two questions for anyone who can help -
1. What kind of camera bag should I get? I'm looking for one to carry the camera body itself as well as a lens or a few lenses... If only shootsac offered something like that, oh, and if only shootsacs were affordable on a preschool teacher assistant salary.
2. What is a good second lens to get? Now I have the 18-55 mm lens that came with the camera, and I like it. I'm trying to figure out what I should get next. I intend to use it for travel photography (like when we go to Australia in a few months) and to take better of dh when he's surfing. Any suggestions? I have a Canon XTi.
HWotD:
Pahupaʻikiʻi - camera
"pa-hoo-pa-ee-key-ee"
2 comments:
Hi Julie,
For your camera questions,
1. I personally like LowePro camera bags. I have them for both my camera and videocam. They seem to be designed towards the outdoor person, with good shoulder straps and beltloops for hiking or whatever. Some even have a hideaway rainhood than can be pulled over the bag to protect it. Check out lowepro.com.
2. For a second lens, a good all-around choice to compliment your 18-55 would be something like a 28-200 or 28-300. Both of these give you good overlap with our 18-55. There are also zoom models than run 70-200 or 70-300 but these would leave you with a gap from 55-70. Canon also has a new lens that goes 55-250. I'm not sure what the prices are on these but telephotos do tend to get pricey. Another option would be to look at other Canon-compatible brands such as Sigma or Tamron that will give you a good product for a little less. Also for the zoom lenses, anything more than 300mm will usually require a tripod for a steady shot.
Hope all is going well. Let me know if you have any questions. My cell is 808-754-2016 or my e-mail is justin.a.kimura@gmail.com. Sharon and I just packed out household goods yesterday and are enroute Michigan on June 15!
Justin
Julie, I'm not sure I can add a thing... Justin's got it.
Post a Comment