Yup, I think it'd be fair to say that DH and I are both homesick for Hawai'i. I know we didn't live there long (but then again , we don't live anywhere for too long), but it certainly had a hold on our hearts that I'm not sure we'll ever let go of.
There's so much to miss - Elevate, my halau (and hula sisters), friends, the scenery, the weather (I miss the rain a lot now), the ocean, the food (Spam musubi and fruit especially!)... I could go on.
I have the cd from hula in our car and I almost can't listen to it sometimes because it makes me want to cry. We were so blessed by people there. I can't wait to go back.
3 comments:
I can believe this! I feel that way about Hawaii and I've only visited there for a few weeks at a time. I long to be back there. I would relish in living there!
I'm sure you two can visit there again, but I'm not sure that would be the same. Perhaps you can move back there someday. I know the thought has crossed my mind more than a few times.
Aloha again, we can so tell that you are homesick Julie! And Amy, you can be homesick for someplace you have never lived...Hawaii has that affect on some people...it did me & it sounds like you are suffering the same ailment. I couldn't even watch Lilo & Stitch until we moved...the Hawaiian Roller Coaster song would make me cry...how pathetic is that?
Keep your chins up ladies, you'll be back! Mahalo~
No matter where you are, no matter how far...you'll always be part of Halau Na Pua 'O Uluhaimalama.
Post a Comment