Friday, September 28, 2007

Day care stories...

Some days are definitely harder than others when working in daycare. Today was one of those days where I wonder what in the world the kids are thinking and if they ever are going to behave. But, in these days, how you get through is looking for the humor in whatever they're doing. And so I present 2 stories:

Story 1:
I have a Starbucks tumbler where you create your own design (thanks Jenny - it's from the vacation house last year). Basically, I took a decorated sheet of paper and put on a cute picture of DH & I on our honeymoon.

One child looks at it and says to me. "That's you, Miss Julie. Is that your daddy?"

Lol. DH is older than me. He's not THAT much older.


Story 2:
Setting: on the playground, next to the "tree house/slide"
Child comes up to me and says, "Miss Julie, my booty itches."
Um... how do you respond to that?

2 comments:

Amy Carroll said...

Ha! Cute stories! It's been a long day and I needed a little humor ;)

Katie said...

Ummm....yeah? Not sure how you respond to that one. Good stories.