Saturday, September 1, 2007

No news is... no news...

Hmm... this week really hasn't been that eventful.

I got rejected as an applicant for several jobs. For several, I was notified by email. For one I was notified by postcard. That's weird. I got hired by one place, but I rejected it. Who wants to earn $8.50 an hour selling stuff, when you can only work 4 hour shifts? Anyway, I did interview for one job and they asked me to come back later that same day to work. So I did. I have worked two days at a local church's preschool - they have 2, 3, 4, and 5 year olds. It's not a ton of money, but I can at least walk there. I have an understanding with the principal that if I find something that can offer me the hours I need at the salary I need, I can leave. Otherwise, I'll stay. The kids are so cute. Even when they're crying and you don't speak their language, they're adorable.

I need to learn how to say, "It'll be ok" in Korean and Chinese.

Before I got the preschool job, I spent one whole day waiting for our car to be serviced. Seven hours of my life that I cannot live again were carelessly discarded by people who demanded way too much money for their services. But, I did get some rockin' Thai food at one of my favorite restaurants in the area. So, I guess I did win.

DH and I are slowly unpacking more boxes. Hopefully in the next few weeks, we'll have our second bedroom live-able. That's good news.

A hui hou...

No comments: