We're in Melbourne! And we had thought it was cold in Sydney - not so! It's even colder here! Dh and I are getting really good at layering and at rotating the three sweaters that we each brought so that it doesn't look like we're wearing the same outfit every day...
Ok, to highlight what we've done in the past week or so... we have:
- gone to the Blue Mountains
- travelled along the coast from Sydney to Melbourne, taking 3 days to do so
- found a city to retire to : Narooma
- spent a night at Lake Canjola and seen wild kangaroos/wallabys (don't ask me the difference)
- spent a night in Narooma - including eating fish & chips at a local restaurant, eating fresh fish from a fishermens' co-op, checked out surf, found an Australian Volunteer Coast Guard station
- seen a town called Tilba Tilba
- crossed the Sea Cliff Bridge - it's pretty cool!
Of course I have pictures from all of the aforementioned events, but I'm still using the relo's computer, so I can't post them. Maybe once we get back to the states I'll have better luck getting a useable wireless signal.
Australian words that don't quite mean the same thing they do in the States:
- bush : means forest, wilderness
- napkin: diaper
- serviette: dinner napkin, the thing you use to wipe your mouth when eating
- dodgy: sketchy, shady, slightly dangerous; as in "that neighborhood is a bit dodgy"
2 comments:
so, not a good idea to ask a person to pass you the napkins at dinner.
Lol... probably not.
Post a Comment