Sunday, July 1, 2007

Fun day in downtown Sydney

General notes:
- This is the first time I've crossed the International Date Line, and I'm continually confused what date it is
- Also confounding me is the whole driving-on-the-other-side-of-the-road-thing. Every time we get into the car, I have to think about which side to get in. Also, it kind of freaks me out when making big turns...
- It's really cold here! Not snow/Chicago cold, but coming from Hawaii it's quite cruel.

Highlights from Saturday:
- DH going surfing
- Seeing the bridge and the Opera House from several viewpoints
- Visiting the Watson Naval Base and checking out the gorgeous chapel
- Having afternoon tea with Fiona's mom and stepdad
- Watching an Australian team beat the New Zealand team in a game of rugby (a big deal for Australia - and no, I still don't really understand rugby)

Highlights from Sunday:
- Going shopping at the market at the Rocks (the historical part of downtown)
- Seeing the Opera House up close
- Taking the ferry across the harbor

I'm really not sure how to upload pictures... I can't get wireless here, plus my battery is running low (different electrical system here)... Hmmm. I'll have to work on it. Maybe when we go to Melbourne.

1 comment:

BIGDOGrocks said...

if you can, go to Lighting Ridge and check out the opals. I know its a drive. My aunt and uncle live there and own an opal shop.

BIGDOG