Monday, July 2, 2007

Relaxing day in Oatley Park

Today we intended to have a relaxing day - before we head out of town and down the coastline... so we slept in a bit this morning. We went for a walk with Fiona and Ash the dog to a local park. We saw cool birds - kookaburras and some other things that I forget the names of...

We packed a lunch and headed out with Peter, Fiona, and Tom to the West side of town to a kind of a zoo. It was great! We saw crocodiles, snakes, and tasmainian devils - yuck! scary! And we also saw my favorite things - koalas, kangaroos - and we got to pet them!

Ok, heading to the store. More later :)

1 comment:

E Caley Ferguson said...

Hey Julie,
I hope you're having a great time in Australia! I just read your post about the digital SLR. I couldn't figure out what had happened to you on xanga, and then I moseyed over here and - lo and behold - you're alive! So... tell me about the SLR you've got. What settings do you have it on? On the whole, setting it on its automatic setting should be adequate most of the time. I know I'm far away, but I'd like to help you out if you haven't yet figured it out.