Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mmmm Dinner

So, technically I'm posting this a day later, but I fully intended to actually post it on Nov. 3, so that's what we're going with!

We had chicken for dinner. I had spent a delightful afternoon at Borders with a friend, and came home a bit later than I had originally anticipated. CO wanted chicken for dinner and suggested that I marinate it. That's cool, I thought, until I realized I had no marinade in the house. I quick looked up a recipe on my go-to website, allrecipes.com, and found this recipe. I had most of the ingredients on hand (I substituted white vinegar for red wine vinegar and dried parsley for fresh). I cut down the recipe from 32 servings to 4 (allrecipes makes it easy with their nifty calculator), and that was perfect for one package of chicken tenders that I had. I would suggest using chicken breasts though! I marinated the chicken tenders for about 30 minutes, then baked them for about 30 minutes at 350.

Nervously, I served it to CO for dinner last night. He LOVED it. He said I could make it anytime again. The flavors were great, and we will definitely be making it sometime soon.

Chicken Marinade - from allrecipes.com, posted by user jillypooh

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons finely minced fresh
parsley
Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, mix together oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, wine vinegar, and lemon juice. Stir in mustard powder, salt, pepper, and parsley. Use to marinate chicken before cooking as desired. The longer you marinate, the more flavor it will have.

1 comment:

Marian Frizzell said...

hmm, I may have to try this one. Tomorrow is my pick up dinner night. Maybe I'll make this! :)