Friday, November 5, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in


Q. A different twist on last week’s question. This week, the first question is: what’s the nicest thing a MILSPOUSE has ever done for you? (brought to you from navy_smurfette)

I'm the membership chair/slave for the area spouses' club, and I think the nicest thing a MILSPOUSE has done for me is to write a little note along with their membership information saying how much they appreciate what I do. It really makes me happy.

Q. How often do you drive faster than the speed limit?
I really try not to drive over the speed limit. It's kind of hard to do here in DC, when everyone seems to be flying by, but I try to keep it at the speed limit.

Q. Did you have a nickname in school? If so, what was it?

I didn't really have one, but occasionally people would call me "(my last name) cookie" because my mom always made chocolate chip cookies for events.


Q. If your life was a book, what would the title be and how would it end?

Today, I think the book would be titled "despite her best efforts..." Otherwise it should be "Counting my blessing and recounting my tales". It would end with a Hawaiian sunset.


Q. Look back (in your planner if you have one) to September 14th… what did you do that day?

Sept 14 was the first MOPS meeting I attended. I really value these meetings - it helps me feel like an adult again and I love talking to other moms. This day, the speaker talked about being marshmallows and toothpicks. It was a really good lesson!


See the whole list at Wife of A Sailor.

No comments: