Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Today's Lesson: Mom Jeans

Today I changed Lu'au's bedding. Changing crib bedding stinks. It's so tight on the mattress that it definitely prevents suffocating your child, but also renders the parents unable to change it without a serious struggle. I probably don't change it nearly enough, but instead, I wait for leaky diapers, snotty noses, or vomit episodes.

Today was a leaky diaper. Everything was wet. Time for a bedding change. So, like most stay at home moms I know, I brought the baby into the room with me and shut the door. I gave Lu'au a few toys to play with and got to business.

I decided to take the mattress out of the crib, change the bedding, then put it back in the crib. I was wrestling the new, clean, bedding onto the mattress when Lu'au came up behind me. She likes to come close to me and pull up to standing while holding onto me. This time was different. Apparently my cute, low-rise, American Eagle jeans had slouched down a bit and I was wearing them plumber-style. Lu'au came right over and poked her little finger in the exposed crack.

It wasn't until then I realized the point of Mom jeans. Perhaps I might be investing in some in the near future.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Too funny but please don't buy mom jeans!

Jen said...

Too funny!!! I bought some new jeans today bc I was tired of worrying everytime I bent over- which is every 5 minutes. They're not mom jeans, but they aren't ultra low rise. lol.

Marian Frizzell said...

laughing my butt off. we can go mom jean shopping together ;)

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahaha
L x