Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Letters from on base last week

Dear woman in the car next to me,

I see you're smoking. At the GAS STATION. I know you're IN your car, but please, really, do you have to smoke AT THE GAS STATION? It's kind of windy, and the doors are open. If there was an attendant in the little booth, I would report you, but as there is not, I'm not quite sure what to do. All that I ask is that you please do not blow us all up.

Thanks,

me




Dear self,

When you enter the commissary and cannot find any shopping carts (aka buggies, whatever they call them in your neck of the woods), turn around and go home. If you persist and hunt them down outside, and still cannot find any carts, go home and wait until tomorrow. You see, the commissary has A LOT of carts. If none are available, that means they're ALL IN USE. All of the carts in use means that there are A LOT of people shopping at the commissary today (even though it's NOT a payday). It'll just be better if you come back later.

Not really paying that much attention,

Me

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love this! I definitely agree about the commissary, its best just to leave ;)

Marian Frizzell said...

encore! encore!

Jen said...

The gas station attendant stepped out of the building to smoke today. Right in front of the pumps. What the heck?