Friday, November 20, 2009

The magic 35!

Today I'm 35 weeks pregnant... and my friend Anne pointed out when she got to this point that this means there are only 35 days left! Woohoo!

I am feeling prepared for the most part, but there are a few more things that we need to pick up yet and I have yet to pack our hospital bag. Any advice for me? What are some must-haves? What do you wish you would have known?

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm bringing an extra shirt for Dave this time in case I throw up on him again. ;)

Ellen said...

Congratulations on getting to the 35 week mark! That seems like it went by so fast (I know, I know, it only feels that way to ME!)

The only real piece of advice I wish someone had given me was: if you're planning on trying to breastfeed and you bring lansinoh (or the nurses give it to you to use) it will stain your nice new nursing bra, so bring a few nursing pads with you. I didn't think to bring the pads because I knew that my milk wouldn't come in for several days.

And bring your some of your own maxi pads, the hospital ones are like horse saddles.

I didn't use a robe, I just had comfy flannel two piece jammies that worked just fine, but if you have "non-pants" pajamas you might like one of those.

That's all I can think of at the moment!

Anonymous said...

If you are planning to breastfeeding, I would also bring your boppy pillow! I know for me, it helped out having it with! Also, my one piece of advice that I give to every new mother, my doctor gave it to me and I am FOREVER greatful: Sleep when your baby sleeps. Don't worry about the house, or getting food cooked, you will need your rest!!!!
Good Luck, both of you will be awesome parents!!!!!

Anne said...

Ahhh! No way are you 35/35 (or past that now!) I feel like you just announced you were pregnant!
My advice is to bring extra pillows to the hospital. And lots of comfy (black) clothing. Oh and take EVERYTHING home with you from the hospital : diapers, wipes, alcohol swabs, receiving blankets, pads, mesh undies, foam, etc. Seriously, take it all. Tricare pays for it, so stock up and bring it all home with you :)