Saturday, August 1, 2009

Coast Guard Day!

We went to the Coast Guard Day picnic in our area today. Coast Guard Day is actually August 4. It celebrates the founding of the Coast Guard, hence the Coast Guard Festival being the first week in August (in the fabulous town of Grand Haven, MI).

It was one of the first CG Day celebrations I have been to, and it was nice to hang out with/meet some of the people CO works with, and to see some of their families too.

I guess I've been kind of lonely here. I don't have a job. I don't take classes (well, except hula once a week). I have to figure out some way to productively rejoin society. Otherwise, I'll continue sleeping in and doing nothing worthwhile all day long. I guess I'm spoiled because I don't HAVE to work and I can just sit around eating and growing a child, but still... I'm getting to the point where I'm having awkward conversations with people in grocery stores.

It was nice to get out and socialize a bit today. Thanks for having a birthday, Coast Guard.

2 comments:

(A Little) Gris Gris said...

I hate not being attached to a CG unit sometimes!

The Dykema's said...

I kind of know what you mean, even though we do have family around we don't have any close friends to go out and do things with and being a stay-at-home mom can get kind of lonely even with the kids home for the summer.
Hope you find some things to do and some friends too.