We have internet access in our hotel in Hokitika :)
We arrived in Christchurch, full from a meal on the plane. Air New Zealand is fabulous! One of our friends from Melbourne, A, used to fly with them and I could picture her being one of our air hostesses.
Christchurch really has an English feel about it, I think. We found it to be really cute. We didn't stay there long - just overnight- but it was adorable. I can only imagine how cute Lyttleton and Akaroa are... go there if you have a chance!
Today we drove across Arthur's Pass and did a hike in the National Park there. Talk about wonderful views from the moment we left Christchurch! It was one of the best drives we've taken. Hiking in the middle was good too - it helped break up what could have been a long day in the car. We're in Hokitika now and it's pretty good. We ate dinner tonight at Stumper's and it was good and cheap. We might go ponunamu (greenstone) shopping tomorrow!
It's odd how much NZ reminds me of Hawaii. The terrain is beautiful, it's green and volcanic, and the ocean is breathtaking.
I can't wait for the adventures tomorrow will bring!
No comments:
Post a Comment