Yeah, who ever thought of the "silent r" was genius...
I headed up to Cairns this weekend and it's tropical - so it reminds me of Hawai'i. Gosh, I miss that place.
I'm excited to take a trip out to the great barrier reef - really quite excited, as a matter of fact.
But, I find that on my trips without CO, things go wrong. Things like oops, all of my travel info is at the travel agent's still. Whoops. Things like oh yeah, 5 minutes before I'm supposed to board a massive thunderstorm rolls through the city. Yup. Happened today. But it all worked out, and I explored the city of Cairns today and bought some essentials (aka towel, 30+ sunscreen, Coco Chex- my new fav).
I had a great dinner tonight - mahimahi! Mmmm! Again, I sat, eating my mahimahi, looking at plumeria and palm trees, and past those to the ocean and Hawai'i felt so close, yet so far away. But in case you come to Cairns, go to Splash for dinner. Affordable and good food :) Yay!
Well, I had better go to my room and get some sleep - the tour leaves early tomorrow - Later!
No comments:
Post a Comment