Monday, November 5, 2007

Hotwings

One of DH's favorite meals is chicken wings with hot sauce. He LOVES them. There's a restaurant in Florida that offers such great ones that we go there twice every time we go down to Florida to see DH's parents. DH also has a recipe he likes to make at home that involves frying chicken strips and then dousing them with his homemade hot sauce. This, I have determined, when coupled with massive amounts of bleu cheese, is probably not the healthiest thing we've ever eaten. I found this new recipe and tried it the other night.

Everyday Food's chicken tenders with creamy honey mustard. Thanks Martha.

DH was horrified at the idea I would put Rice Krispies on his chicken, but he left to grab a few last minute ingredients and I snuck the required amount into the food processor. I also added a bit of yellow cornmeal.

Holy cow, they were great! DH made his normal hot sauce (based on Crystal and a few other ingredients) and we skipped the creamy honey mustard, but it probably would be great with honey mustard. For being baked, these came out absolutely spectacular. I liked them almost as much as our normal fried "wings".

1 comment:

Amy Carroll said...

I am CRAVING hot wings now! I am going to have to try this recipe!