Sunday, August 28, 2011

Today

Today we woke up and I was thankful that I am alive. That we have electricity. That we have running water. That things weren't as bad with the hurricane as they could have been.

Today I found out we lost a dear friend, and I am extremely saddened by it.

Today would have been 40 weeks pregnant with our second child. Unfortunately, we lost the baby at nearly 12 weeks. I can't figure out how to mourn appropriately. It's been a lot harder overall, than I thought it would be. I'm starting to get back to my normal self. But still, I don't trust my body. It's kind of hard to explain, but that's the best way I can describe it.

There isn't a specific way how to mourn the loss of an unborn baby. I'm sad because I thought I'd be pregnant again by the time this date came around, but I'm not. Way to set an unrealistic expectation for myself, and then have no way to really make sure it would happen. Thankfully, with all of the hurricane craziness lately, I haven't thought much about the due date being today. I'm just holding onto Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. I'm full of hope.

4 comments:

Katie @ the terpblog said...

Julie - I am so, so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers of hope your way.

Shannon Giles said...

Words don't really express the loss of a miscarriage. Too many of us have been through them. Thinking of you and your family.

Marian Frizzell said...

I love you so, so much, and I wish I was there to give you a hug and share a cup of coffee with you and just listen. I miss being with you and hearing your heart.

Ellen said...

Julie, I am so sorry. I wish I could give you a hug :(