Friday, February 4, 2011

Daddy!

We try to keep a bedtime routine for Lu'au. We eat dinner, we let her play a little, we give her a bath, Daddy reads her stories (while Mama makes the bottle), Mama feeds her a bottle, then she goes to sleep. Or at least that's the plan.

Last night was no different in our routine. We ate dinner. She played. I took her upstairs and started running the bath water. Daddy finished dishes downstairs. She noticed his absence by the bath, went to the door, opened it, and yelled "Dad-dy! Dad-dy!" It was adorable. She knew he was gone and how to get him to come upstairs. It worked.

1 comment:

Lauralee said...

stumbled upon your blog, it's lovely. I'm a coastie wife, too, and I have a young daugther who just said "loov yu" for the first time today. Thanks for sharing your story!