The entire family at the Waipio Valley Overlook
Chad, Ashley, DH and Sean hiking out to the Green Sand Beach
DH holding some green sand
Green Sand Beach - we were there by ourselves and had tons of fun!!
We bodysurfed in the waves - DH and Sean are really good. Chad, DH, and Sean proved their manliness by running down the steep sand hill - Chad is the king of the hill though.
Ashley, Sean, and DH by Onomea Bay (one of the best places to find sea glass)
Sean, Ashley, DH and I drove up to Mauna Kea to watch the sunset. We were also treated to see silversword - even silversword in bloom! It was beautiful :)
I was really excited to finally see it in bloom - I had seen silversword on Haleakala when I visited Maui with my parents, but the flowers are gorgeous!! Now when I wear my Sig Zane Kupapalani pareu it's extra-special!
Beautiful bloom of the silversword
Bottom of the silversword plant - can you tell why they called it a silversword?
Silversword in bloom with Mauna Loa rising above the clouds
Venus? Some planet glowing while the sun fades into the distance as viewed from Mauna Kea
My surfer boy catching a wave
No comments:
Post a Comment